Thursday 16 April 2015

Evaluation Question 3



Evaluation Question 3:  What have you learned from your audience feedback?


Recently, MagaR caught up with Aaron Moore, the founder and editor of Mass London Magazine. We discussed, how he asked 20 people who are a part of his target audience, how they felt about the Magazine. His aim was to find out what people thought about his magazine and what he could improve on. Now we bring you his thoughts.

Previously, I had spoken to 10 young males, who I am aware looking to be successful in life and always look for inspiration. In essence, they were a segment of my target audience. I had spoken to them separately. I let them know I was going to do some research on how my target audience felt about my magazine. Therefore I alerted them, if they agreed (in which they did), that I would email them a questionnaire, involving predominately open questions about my magazine, in which I would like them to answer. They would then answer these questions in there own environment.

I have learnt tremendously from my audience feedback. To me personally audience feedback is one of the most, if not the most important factor to look at. In the end I produced something which I look to please the audience as they are the ones who are viewing it. In order to find out if they like or dislike what you have produced, you have to ask them. Therefore I listen very closely to my audience feedback.

In order for me to find out what my target audience would think about my magazine, I conducted a qualitative research, in which I sent out a questionnaire to those people of young, 16 to around mid 20's who look to be successful in life.

I asked my focus and target group many questions to find out what they really thought about the magazine. These questions were set out to understand what my magazine has done well and what their needs to be improved if I had a chance to do so.

The first question I asked was about what were there general thoughts about the magazine. My feedback was interesting, the audience gave me a mixed review but overall a very positive one. One respondent who fed back to said that: “This magazine is an amazing magazine. For someone from London who just wants to know more about the positive aspects of the City, this magazine provides that”. To me, this feedback indicates to me that I have met their needs and met my aim; appealing to my audience. Another respondent who in which fed back to me said: “It was ok. It was different than other magazines I've looked at”. To me that indicates that my magazine could have been better, but I am offering something different in which I expressed in my magazine and in my radio advert.

The second question and third question, in which I asked, was revolved around the good aspects about my magazine. My aim was to find out what I had done well to appeal to my target audience. One respondent said: “The content is very unique”. My aim within the main article was to offer something different, something you don’t usually hear about in magazines. Therefore, the fact that someone thinks unique says to me that I have more than met my aim. Another respondent and many other respondents said that “the front cover was really good”. I had spent time on making sure that my front appealed to the audience.

The fourth question and fifth question, in which I asked, was revolved around the bad aspects about my magazine. These questions were very important and I was very open to any criticism as ion the end it will benefit me. One respondent said “Some of the images lacked quality”. Others said the same thing. Many respondents said that there wasn't any problems with the magazine, which indicated that without improvement people who I aimed my magazine were content and satisfied with the magazine. However, what I learnt from my findings was that I could improve my images quality by improving my photography skills, Photoshop skills and preparation, which in the future should improve this problem.

The sixth question was a very important question as goes straight to the point about if the magazine meets the needs of my target audience. My results showed that 100% agrees that the magazine meets the needs of my audience. Therefore I had learnt that my target audience are happy with my magazine. Those who said no, would answer the next question in which why they said no, however no one answered that, which pleased me.

The eighth question involves if another issue came out, if they would purchase it. 70% said they would purchase the next issue. Thus shows that my audience would be loyal to, which indicates that I have grabbed the audience. 80% of the respondents thought that my magazine as different and better than other magazines. This shows that I have persuaded the audience that my magazine is different which was one of my aims.

Overall, Out of 10, 40% of respondents, which was the most, rates my magazine, 7. This indicates that the target group were happy with what they viewed and read but there is still room for improvement. Therefore there has been a lot been certain and knowledge been gained. 

No comments:

Post a Comment